Saturday, April 9
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Get to know the App Stores available in the market (
Get to know the App Stores available in the market
tags: apps, app stores, mobile, google, blackberry, samsung, amazon, intel, adobe, android, apple, cases
When:9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Speaker: Victor Yves (Co-Founder & Creative Director at VG Web)
- Talk description: App stores are getting bigger and more present in the marketplace. As they generate opportunities to both developers and companies to commercialize to a larger audience, they also benefit users that end up having platforms adapted to their style. We already know about the growth of these stores, but in which one we should invest time and energy? Options are enormous. In this talk all of the stores will be covered, going from difficulty levels when submitting your app, to revenue share politics, all the way up to analytics. Some of the App stores that will be analyzed are: Adobe InMarket, BlackBerry App World, Amazon App Store, Samsung Apps, Google Chrome Web Store, Intel AppUp, Android Market, Apple App Store (iPhone/iPad/Mac), Acer Alive, Facebook MarketPlace, Asus App Store and Nokia OVI Store (wow... tired!). I will the final decision on you! Do not miss it.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Coffee Break
- 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Take it to the Next Level (
Take it to the Next Level
tags: career, flash, programming, soft-skills, opportunities, tips, cases, as3
When:11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Speaker: Gabriel Laet (Co-Founder/Technical Lead at doubleleft)
- Talk description: The path from Jr. to Sr. is long, and the possibilities are enormous. Programmers always want to study, improve and learn more. But where to go without being too generalist or too specialist? How to grab the opportunities in the market place without falling behind? Discussions and tips to become a better programmer.
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Managing talents, challenges and solutions (
Managing talents, challenges and solutions
tags: 3D, 2D, illustrations, management, team, wear different hats, pipeline, workflow
When:12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Speaker: Fernando Reule (Parner-Director & CPO at Seagulls Fly)
- Talk description: Managing creative and technology projects, processes, challenges and advantages of human relationships in the workplace. Dealing with different personalities in technical and creative environments. Professional relations (employee and employer). Client approach and engagements (or not) based on reputation. Personal experiences in technical, visual or (even!) political solutions inside a corporation. Also learn about the production line and phases on a 3D animation project.
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Flex for mobile devices (
Flex for mobile devices
tags: flex, mobile, air, apps, android, playbook
When:2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Speaker: Igor Costa (Founder and CEO at RIACycle)
- Talk description: Creating native applications with Adobe technology is the new frontier and the ubiquity of APIs for different screens. These are the challenges for Flex on mobile devices. How can Flex revolutionize the magical way you interact with your mobile applications? And what is the advantage in comparison with competitors? Watch this session and you will find the answers.
- 3:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Flash Debugging Tools (
Flash Debugging Tools
tags: debugging, breakpoints, social media, twitter, facebook, google, actionscript, bugs, apis
When:3:45 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Speaker: Neto Leal (Sr. Flash Developer at Wikitoria)
- Talk description: Who did ever get stuck and spent hours working a very bothering bug while programming? In this talk, Neto Leal will show a set of tools and techniques that help programmers to avoid the traps of development. Master these techniques and have the confidence that your work will be delivered with quality and will be free of bugs. View cases and learn to debug applications for the desktop and for the web using social media APIs from services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google.
- 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Coffee Break
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Designer ♥ Developer (
Designer ♥ Developer
tags: flash, flex, html5, designer, developer
When:5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- Speaker: Claus Wahlers (Partner and CTO at Powerflasher Brasil)
- Talk description: A decade ago, Flash was an animation tool and runtime, prominently used by creative folks. With the introduction of industry standard virtual machines, IDEs and frameworks, more and more software engineers joined the party. This talk presents valuable tips for efficient workflows between designer and developer - within the Flash ecosystem and beyond.